Savannah’s Happiness Rules to Live By
July 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
But, some of the things that I’m working on have made their way to a small pad of paper. Gretchen Rubin wrote a list of things to remember when living her life. She called it her Twelve Commandments. I wanted to call mine something else because I feel like the title carries too much of a religious implication (even though after a quick search I discovered that “Commandment” simply means “a divine rule”).
And… let’s face it; I have a list of nineteen! I will admit that most of them are subcategories of another, but it helps for me to see each specific thing, as I will explain in the future.
Gretchen Rubin’s first Commandment is “Be Gretchen.” I have adopted this philosophy as well – be yourself. Don’t give in to peer pressure and do what you want to do.
Here are mine. What are yours?
1. Be Savannah.
2. Be an athlete.
3. Be an artist.
4. Express yourself through your body.
5. Love what you do and pour your heart into it.
6. Confidence is the key.
7. Do it now. Tomorrow never comes.
8. Do what you know needs to be done, little by little.
9. Do it, don’t think about doing it.
10. Be mindful. Live in the present.
11. Just breathe.
12. There is only love.
13. Love thyself. Practice patience and tolerance. Don’t punish yourself.
14. Give yourself permission.
15. Believe you deserve happiness.
16. Don’t sell yourself short. Give yourself what you deserve.
17. Live your life. Don’t live someone else’s life.
18. Identify the problem so you can face it and deal with it.
19. Have big goals, but enjoy the process of getting there.